Today was all breakout sessions in each of the 6 tracks from 8:00 to 3:00 pm. This year the tracks were organized around our solution sets:
- The Orchestrated ALM track looked at all the solutions as part of the overall Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and included some great customer sessions featuring CVS and Carefirst who have gone a long way to full automating their development process.
- In the IT Service Management and Serena Business Manager track we showed off all the great new innovations in SBM and in Serena Service Manager. This was the most popular track by far with every session having more than 80 people in attendance. This was the liveliest track too with much interaction between the speakers and the audience. Good job we put them in the largest room!
- For those customers wanting to improve the front end of the lifecycle the Demand and Requirements Management track provided the latest information about Prototype Composer and Dimensions RM.
- The Development Management track is where we took a deep dive into the distributed solutions around software development and featured our flagship Dimensions CM and PVCS/Version Manager products. It was great to see about 10% of the customers at the conference were still using PVCS/VM in some way or other.
- And those customers facing the daunting challenge of deploying software had the Release Management track where we were able to showcase our Release Control, Release Vault and Release Automation solutions and hear from customers who were already implemented and having success like Nationwide Mutual Insurance.
- About a third of the customers present attended the Mainframe track to hear about what was happening to ChangeMan ZMF and were rewarded with Belgian chocolate from one of our partners are they are every year.
If you’d like to take a peek inside the conference: have a look at some of the photographs we’ve loaded on to Flickr.