Here at Micro Focus HQ, we’ve got the Champagne on ice because UK technology website The Inquirer has shortlisted Visual COBOL for ‘Best Developer Tool’ in their Tech Hero Awards 2015.
It’s been a good year so far: our #COBOLrocks social media campaign is up for a Markie and our SUSE colleagues won Enterprise Storage Product of the Year at the Network Computing Awards.
This month, Visual COBOL is five years young and more than 100 customers are already modernizing their COBOL applications with the ‘Best Developer Tool’. So why do we think it is a worthy winner?
- Development efficiency gains of up to 30%
- Cost savings of up to 80%
- Improved application performance of 75% by uniting development teams
- Integration with industry-leading IDEs such as Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse
- Short learning curve ensures availability of COBOL skills now and in the future
- Integration with contemporary business languages such as C# and Java
- Support for modern tech and disruptive innovations such as Cloud and Mobile
- Multi-platform support
- Nearly $55m investments in continued R&D
Have you met Developer Dave? He thinks Visual COBOL is the best developer tool too.
Vote for Visual COBOL!
Those already working with Visual COBOL are already enjoying these benefits. If you already know that Visual COBOL really is the best developer tool, then please take the time to vote. You’ll be entered into a prize draw to win an iPad mini. Voting closes on 17 April and winners will be announced on 19 May. We’ll be sure to pass on the details of the winners.
Check it out
If you have yet to experience the best developer tool in town, then why not take a free trial and see for yourself?
Thanks for your support!