Databases are like treasure chests, waiting to be cracked open. Within them, you can find critical analytics information that gives your organization the information needed to gain a competitive edge. However, if your organization uses Unisys ClearPath MCP server and its non-relational DMSII database, getting the data you need can be difficult. Most traditional BI tools only support relational databases, which means you have to find an effective data integration solution.
To overcome integration issues, you need a solution that covers the five essential capabilities needed to integrate your DMSII database:
- MIPS Reduction: Million instructions per second (MIPS) refers to a given activity using cycles on the host. Depending on your environment (metered or nonmetered), a high amount of MIPS can lead to higher costs and demands on resources that could be running other programs. Reducing MIPS is a must for the data integration solution you choose.
- Real-Time Data: Due to the cost of querying live data, it’s challenging to get the most recent information. And using old data is not a valid option. A good data integration solution must give your organization real-time results.
- Flexible Format: To easily view and manipulate data, it needs to be formatted. While relational databases offer formatted data through SQL statements, you can’t do the same with non-relational databases. To achieve a direct view into DMSII data, you need someone with special coding skills to change the mainframe coded program, which brings us to the next point.
- Mainframe Coding Plan: Some industry commentators predict a future skills shortfall as the talent flow needed to maintain the assets behind key business processes falls short of future demand. Plan for the future by choosing a solution that does not require mainframe coding skills or meet the application development skills challenge with this practical approach.
- Data Replication with Changed-Data Capture (CDC): To ensure data accuracy and optimize host resources, find a solution with CDC technology. CDC ensures that business data stays up to date because it supplies data to relational databases in near real time.
Finding a data integration solution with these capabilities will ensure that your organization can unlock your treasure chest of data, giving you the most accurate and current information while still using your legacy systems.
Check out: “A Guide to Evaluating Data Integration Options: The 5 Critical Capabilities You Need,” to learn more about finding the right solution for your organization.