Visual COBOL R4 launched on 15th June 2011. During the launch webinar Product Manager, Scot Nielsen, demonstrated how to use the new features in R4 to modernize the User Interfaces (UI) of your existing COBOL applications.
Packed with features, key updates for Visual COBOL R4 include:
- Visual COBOL for JVM is now GA. In R3, we released Visual COBOL for JVM as a technology preview, with R4 deploying your COBOL applications to the JVM is fully supported.
- Visual COBOL for Azure is now GA. Another technology preview with the R3 release, is now fully supported with R4. Start deploying your COBOL applications to Microsoft’s Azure cloud.
- Many improvements to the VS2010 plug-in, including support for managing large projects, automatic updates, WCF references and much more.
- Eclipse plug-in ships with enhancements that include improved background parsing, support for Development Hub on HP-UX and Solaris, simplified Project properties and more.
- extend and RM/COBOL users will be pleased to hear about the large number of compatibility features we have added.
To find out more about what is new in Visual COBOL R4, click here to download the What’s new in Visual COBOL R4 2011.
Now you can download a trial version from the Visual COBOL microsite and take Visual COBOL R4 for a test drive to check out the new features.
If you have any questions about Visual COBOL why not visit the Micro Focus Community, and get involved in our forums and watch the webcasts.