My first #DevDay was in Cincinnati. That city always makes me think of early 80’s sitcom WKRP in Cincinnati. Don’t remember it? Here’s their promo photo and tagline.
“A Cincinnati radio station must switch gears quickly when changing from easy listening music to top-40 rock ‘n’ roll.”
Organizations are continuously adjusting application delivery, platform integration and infrastructures to meet new business requirements and market demand. Therefore, IT professionals must advance their skills through technical education opportunities and community networking. And Micro Focus #DevDays provide plenty of both.
What did I learn at Micro Focus #DevDay?
Not familiar with Micro Focus #DevDays? Here are the insights from my experience.
– Cincinnatians show up! 92% of the people who registered for the event were there!
– Surprisingly there were plenty of women and professionals under the age of 40
– Being from Texas, I didn’t realize it snowed in April…its springtime…it was just flurries.
OK, on a #DevDay POV.
– Micro Focus #DevDay has already become a must-attend event for the developer community at nearly 50 locations worldwide
– These free events help COBOL and other application developers tackle today’s key IT and industry challenges in a format that enables our experts to deliver these topics head-on with in-depth knowledge, and innovative live technical demonstrations.
– #DevDay is a great forum for the enterprise COBOL development community to share experiences and hear best practices and learn new skills while collaborating with other developers – check out the pictures from Cincinnati on our Facebook events page.
What You’ll Experience if you attend:
Developer led sessions and technology tracks that focus on today’s popular modernization priorities such as .NET /Java Integration, DevOps and the mainframe, and moving COBOL workloads to the Cloud. Take part in our ever-popular “Ask the Experts” panel discussion and network with other developers.
Some words from the Micro Focus #DevDay Team:
“#DevDay in its 5th year, we continue to see a new strong community interest in our event series. It’s really a unique opportunity to see both the latest development technology from Micro Focus but also a place to share stories and best practices with your peers. If you’re a .NET, Java or COBOL developer working with COBOL or mainframe-based applications or planning to modernize these systems, this is a must attend event for you.”
Ed Airey, Director Solutions Marketing
“Micro Focus #DevDay continues to be one of our most popular customer events. Whether they are aiming to modernize applications, development processes or their core infrastructure, DevDay is a place for hands on learning and discussion with industry experts. Thousands of client delegates have benefitted from the insights and experience at #DevDay.”
Derek Britton, Product Director
Still need convincing? Here’s my Top 5 reasons to attend:
1) Build New Skills: Get hands-on experience using modern application development and delivery tools and practices.
2) Step into the Cloud: Understand your options for COBOL systems, cloud, containers, mobile and managed code.
3) Learn from Micro Focus and Other Experts: Witness the very latest in Micro Focus Appdev and modernization technology.
4) Tackle the Talent Question: See how .NET, Java and Micro Focus’ modern tools deliver a skills strategy for long-term success.
5) Deliver Better Software, Faster: Explore faster application delivery using Agile and Enterprise DevOps practices.
Don’t take our word for it – check out some#DevDayfeedback from attendees:
“As always, well worth the time.”
“[#DevDay] hit on a couple of major issues my company faces.”
“I’m a fan! Our experience has been great. Happy to have the opportunity to meet with Micro Focus and others who are also using same tools as us. Thank you!”
“The broader DevOps piece, more of the testing and delivery emphasis was of particular interest to us. The whole SDLC matters, not just development.”
Lots of questions – one answer
Need your IBM mainframe or enterprise COBOL applications to work faster? Want to improve software delivery? The answer is #DevDay.
Where and when are the next #DevDays?
Who should attend?
Development teams, enterprise architects, application owners, and application operation/production teams
Get more information here and hopefully see you soon.