** Please note: The SDA Community Edition is no longer available.**
We are looking for new and innovative uses of Serena Deployment Automation Community Edition and are announcing a new contest with a chance for a $1,000 Amazon gift card!
If you haven’t downloaded Community Edition yet, visit this link to get started with the free version that allows deployments to 5 end points.
Then, post a video of your automated deployment to the SDA community to enter. Our panel of judges will choose one user to win the $1,000 grand prize, as well as two more to win $250 honorable mentions prizes.
Don’t delay, as videos need to be submitted by November 21.
Here are the details:
- Record a video of Community Edition in action. Provide a voice-over narration in English to explain what you are showing.
- For best consideration, make your video 2-10 minutes in length and include a description of what you are deploying, how you are doing it and what the process was like before automation.
- Watch this example video recorded by our own Darryl Bowler for a good example of comparing before and after automation.
- Make your video available online (say, at YouTube) and post a link to it on the SDA Community. Register for the community to post, if you’re not already a member.
- Need a screen and audio recorder? We use Jing, which is free and records 5 minute videos, but you can find a comprehensive list on Wikipedia.
- Do all of this in the next three weeks, as the deadline to enter is November 21.
- Review the contest terms and conditions.
I look forward to your amazing video submissions!