Making sustainable and responsible business core to the way we operate is one of our greatest responsibilities at Micro Focus. Not only is it the right thing to do; it drives meaningful value for our customers and partners, employees, society and the planet.
Through Micro Focus INSPIRE, the company-wide Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) programme we launched in 2019, we’re on a journey to embed sustainable and responsible behaviours into every aspect of our business. Our first Sustainability at Micro Focus report sets out to bring together all aspects of our programme into a single document. The report provides transparency, to let all our stakeholders see how we’re progressing with regard to managing relationships with our employees, customers, suppliers and local communities; to playing our part in shifting to a lower-carbon economy; and to reducing the effects of climate change. All of this is underpinned by our commitment to support several of the United Nations Sustainable Goals (UNSDGs).
In addition to publishing our first ESG report, we are also proud to have committed to reduce the carbon in our UK operations and reach NetZero by 2050. This is a major step forward in our environmental agenda.
You can learn more about the following points in the full report: Sustainability at Micro Focus
- Implementing ESG Governance: Micro Focus introduced an ESG framework to support the development of our strategy and to drive actions with a specific focus on the two most materially important ESG areas for our business: Environmental and Diversity & Inclusion (D&I).
- Taking climate action: Our goal is to continue to reduce our environmental footprint and support the transition to a low-carbon business. Whilst we currently have short-term global carbon emission reduction targets in place, our aim is to set out a longer-term vision and to support environmental targets.
- Creating belonging through D&I: We’re focused on making continued progress against our D&I commitments by strengthening leadership accountability across the business, developing a more diverse talent pipeline, increasing awareness and education, and building a sense of belonging and engagement within our organisation.
- Making a difference in our communities: Through their passion to make positive impacts, our employees supported thousands of meaningful causes around the world, with a key focus on helping to equip communities with the right skills to be successful in their digital lives.
- Helping our customers and partners be sustainable: Our goal is to create positive environmental and social impact for our customers and partners through sustainable solutions. While helping organisations navigate complex technological environments has always been at the heart of what we do, our software, services and solutions can also help address numerous challenges and deliver many business benefits, including enabling organisations to lower their energy impact and reduce their carbon footprint.
While there is still more to do, together with our employees we are working to adopt and inspire sustainable actions that have long-term impacts. Now more than ever, we all play a part in helping to create a sustainable and inclusive world where we can all thrive. Because collectively, it’s our actions today that will help shape a sustainable, inclusive future for all.