To support the growth of its customer base and increased demand, OpenText is investing in geography-specific data centres, with the EU centre being the most recent addition. Among the solutions to be supported via the EU data centre will be a set of OpenText ITOM SaaS offerings.
New SaaS solutions for the EU
OpenText has launched a new set of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for the European Union (EU) market. These solutions fulfil the requirements of regulated cloud and EU-level of protection of personal data.
With the launch of its new SaaS solutions, OpenText provides customers with a faster avenue to access OpenText solutions they trust for their digital operation needs. Through its EU data centre, the EU-centric service delivery model adheres to Schrems II judgement and European data protection laws assuring that data is kept and handled in the EU. The OpenText Data Centre in the EU is staffed with EU personnel and assures data sovereignty. OpenText has been providing IT Operations Management (ITOM) SaaS to European customers for years, and this new offering reflects accelerated innovation and investment in the Cloud for customers’ strategic needs.
Praise from customers
OpenText ITOM solutions are built on the integrated, AI-based OPTIC Platform to optimize IT efficiency and performance. Customers around the world rely on these services to unlock the power of their digital businesses.
“Diebold Nixdorf has had a lengthy relationship and is quite happy with OpenText. We were one of the first organizations to deploy the (ITOM) Service Management Automation X (SMAX) SaaS solution”, said Maria Grbic, Global VP IT Modern Workplace Technology, Diebold Nixdorf. “Diebold Nixdorf is on the journey with Open Text and applauds the SaaS data centre extension for EU customers.”
“We are successfully using Micro Focus – now OpenText – SMAX in the SaaS model to streamline our IT service delivery and better align our IT services with our business goals”, said Roland Pfenninger, Team leader IT Service Management at Airport Zurich AG. “The continued expansion of SaaS services gives us confidence that we made the right decision.”
Geography-specific data centres
To support the growth of its customer base and increased demand, OpenText is investing in geography-specific data centres, with the EU centre being the most recent addition. OpenText ITOM SaaS solutions offer flexible licensing and reporting, enabling customers to consume what they need when they need it, but only pay for what they use. “As reliance on the cloud increases, it is imperative that organizations have peace of mind knowing their data is secure while enjoying the benefits the cloud provides from technological and cost perspectives. The new service in the EU, compliant with local regulations, is part of OpenText’s commitment to the cloud,” said Gonzalo Usandizaga, Worldwide ITOM GTM Leader at OpenText. “Our European enterprise customers have expressed desires for an increased level of security and data sovereignty to accelerate their transition to the cloud. We are pleased to be able to offer them such service.”
ITOM SaaS solution offerings
OpenText ITOM SaaS solutions offered in OpenText data centre in the EU, include:
- Service Management Automation X (SMAX) is an advanced ITSM solution made simple and affordable to modernize the service management experience, increase IT agility and help keep cost and risk under control.
- Operations Bridge combines AI and automation to provide a full-stack AIOps solution needed to boost IT performance and productivity while offering automated resource discovery and monitoring, automatic event reduction, and automated remediation.
- Hybrid Cloud Management X (HCMX) is a cloud provisioning, compliance and cost control solution.
- HCMX FinOps Express is the financial management solution to optimize cloud costs, cut waste and control spending.
- Universal Discovery and Universal CMDB is the configuration management solution for hybrid IT, which discovers, maps and manages IT configurations.
- Asset Management X (AMX) is the next-generation IT Asset Management (ITAM) solution that delivers hardware, software and portfolio asset management.
- Data Centre Automation automates IT compliance and vulnerability risk management.
- Network Operations Management (NOM) delivers troubleshooting, dashboards and reports out of OPTIC Data Lake.
The EU data centre complies with EU security, data privacy, storage and transfer regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and is C5 attested. All OpenText ITOM SaaS solutions are certified to the highest demanding standards: ISO 9001, ISO 27001:2013, ISO 27034, compliant with WCAG 2.0 and meet TAA country of origin requirements. OpenText ITOM SaaS teams provide a versionless experience to all customers with automatic version currency and patching. The solutions are built on the integrated, AI-based OPTIC platform to restore IT efficiency and performance. Customers’ data from the advanced AI-based capabilities always stay within OpenText local data centres.
To learn more about OpenText ITOM SaaS offerings, visit the Cloud Solutions web page.