Have you started thinking about when you’ll be ready to convert to an electric vehicle? Micro Focus and Jaguar TCS Racing are working to make this technology more accessible for everyday drivers sooner than you think.
Run and Transform—at 200 mph for Season 9
On December 1, 2022, Micro Focus announced its renewed partnership with Jaguar TCS Racing as part of our overall commitment to embracing environmental sustainability and shifting to a lower-carbon economy. The organization participates in the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship—an all-electric motorsport that was designed with the goal of speeding up the switch to electric mobility. Season 9 will be the third season of this partnership. Jaguar TCS Racing finished second in the Teams’ Championship in Season 7, and driver Mitch Evans finished second in the Drivers’ Championship in Season 8.
As an Official Technical Partner, Micro Focus will continue to provide our world-class software and Professional Services to help Jaguar TCS Racing create technology that advance electric vehicles closer to a reality for all of us. Vertica’s real-time analytics and machine learning capabilities, as well as Micro Focus IDOL’s AI-powered unstructured data analytics, improve the team’s success. For Jaguar TCS Racing, the relevant knowledge and technology is then transferred and embedded into road vehicles.
James Barclay, Team Principal, Jaguar TCS Racing said: “We’ve made huge progress in the last two years with Micro Focus, so we are delighted to now be continuing the journey with their support and expertise as we collectively fight for the title of the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship in Season 9. Our partnership with Micro Focus allows us to integrate their world-class software services, such as Vertica and IDOL, to gain critical data analysis. This helps to make accurate predictions, quicker and better decisions, and ultimately drive better performance and results.
As the world’s first net zero carbon sport since inception, Formula E provides us and our partners with a real-world performance test bed to develop new technologies and capabilities. With Micro Focus, we share the desire to innovate, succeed at the highest level and deliver sustainable change.”
Net zero by 2050
The partnership with Jaguar TCS Racing follows closely on the Micro Focus commitment to be net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. We’re taking specific steps—not just making promises. Some of those include:
- Carbon-neutral: 90% of absolute scope 1 and 2 emissions reduction, and carbon capture the remaining 10% by 2050.
- Renewable resources: 80% of sites use renewable resources by 2025, and 100% by 2030.
- Company vehicles: 100% of company-owned and -leased vehicles are electric by 2021.
- Non-fossil fuel energy: Gas-heated offices move to non-fossil fuels by 2041.
“At Micro Focus, we aim to make sustainable and responsible business part of the way we operate,” said Sarah Atkinson, Director of ESG, Micro Focus. “Achieving our sustainability goals will take a team effort, and everyone is involved, which makes our technical and analytics partnership with Jaguar TCS Racing that much more important as both companies focus on working in the most efficient way possible.”
Read more about our environmental program in our ebook.
Contributing to our customers’ goals
Sustainability is increasingly important to our customers as well. The partnership demonstrates our commitment to innovation by contributing to the creation of sustainable technology and shows how our solutions can help them in their own sustainability journey. Whether it’s through moving to the cloud, improving operational efficiency, or getting a longer life from their equipment and software, we can help our customers deliver on their sustainability goals.
See the official press release. To find out more about the Micro Focus + Jaguar TCS Racing Technical Partnership, visit our web page. Get additional information on our Environmental, Social & Governance program, Micro Focus INSPIRE.