The year, and the decade, are winding down. What better time to update you on the exciting future events, webinars, and a really big survey? Welcome to the latest Application Modernization & Connectivity newsletter.
Shape COBOL’s future
COBOL is 60. You know that. But what about the next 60? Good question.
To find out, we asked poll experts Vanson Bourne to create a survey that took less than 10 minutes to complete, but created a detailed snapshot of the market around enterprise business applications. The more data they get, the more accurate the picture. So have your say. Complete the survey here.
So what are the findings? Register and join us on February 12, 2020 @ 11 a.m. EST for a detailed look at the data, insights and commentary. Register for the webinar here.
Live and In Person
For Micro Focus, 2020 will be a year of hosting multiple, in-person events across the US for the COBOL and mainframe community.
Welcome to #DevDay 2020. These sessions are for those looking to fuel future innovation with achievable digital transformation. But how, and where do you start? The how is simple: Micro Focus #DevDay. The where is listed below:
– DevDay Atlanta – Tuesday, January 28, 2020. Register here.
– DevDay Chicago – Thursday, January 30, 2020. Register here.
– DevDay Columbus – Tuesday, February 11, 2020. Register here. NEW! We’re offering two tracks at #DevDay Columbus and both will help COBOL and mainframe developers to double down on their modernization work. While #DevDay for Development Teams, focuses on the tools now enabling developers to build and modernize core COBOL apps across multiple platforms, the more technical #DevDay for Mainframe Change and Delivery Teams, is aimed squarely at developers and admins using ChangeMan ZMF.
– SHARE Fort Worth – February 23-28, 2020. Register here. Micro Focus is back at SHARE – and we are hosting lots of educational sessions on Mainframe Application Modernization, and have plenty to offer at our booth in the Expo hall.
– Micro Focus Universe We are excited to announce both a North American and European location for Micro Focus Universe 2020. Be sure to stay up-to-date with registration and news about the ever-popular customer & partner premiere event! Learn more about Micro Focus Universe here.
Modernization Maturity Model
Last month, we announced a best practice approach to assist customers and partners planning and implementing their own flavor of digital transformation. Check out these follow-up assets:
New Framework for Best Practice Approach to Modernization Projects: Read the Press Release here.
Mature Application Modernization – Our 20:20 Vision: Read the blog here.
Hardware, not hard wired: Read the blog here.
The Micro Focus Modernization Maturity Model: Read the brochure here.
NEW TechTip Webinars
Just announced – new and exciting TechTip Webinar topics. Catch them, and our subjects on our BrightTalk Channel – here.
TechTips: Host System Inventory and Analysis: January 23, 2020 @ 11 a.m. EST – See how internal policies can flow through inventory, underpin successful mainframe and host system infrastructure changes, and monitor irregular end user configuration activity. Register for the webinar here.
TechTips: Automated Testing for Mainframe Application Development: February 27, 2020 @ 11 a.m. EST – Organizations use Micro Focus Verastream Host Integrator to encapsulate application business logic as reusable services that mesh with their current testing solutions and infrastructure. Check out these use cases, and look to improve automated testing of mainframe applications. Register for the webinar here.
There’s plenty out there until the next newsletter:
Request a Call with our Account Team.
Download Product Trials on the AMC Community page
Visit the Micro Focus Support & Training page
Ask to Join the COBOL Programmers Facebook Group
Follow us on Twitter