So what makes something rock? Adding hashtags to random words doesn’t make them rock. #FlatTire. #Toothache. #MichaelBolton. Does application development rock? Maybe not. So – can COBOL really rock? Hmm. ‘Alright! A 40-year-old COBOL banking application! Lemme hear you say yeah!’ Hmm again.
But suppose you used that same code to create something really ‘out there’ that performed way beyond what the original programmers imagined? How would you feel if you could show the world what innovation really looks like – and all you needed to know was how to do it?
It’s not about the app
The #COBOLrocks TechCasts are six, weekly, technical webinars that last for 30 minutes each. That’s not especially rocking. But it’s not what they are. It’s what they help you do. You could…
- Open the door to application modernization. (That kind of rocks.)
- Take a decades-old application to mobile.
- Reuse COBOL code to create a fresh new UI. (Closer to rocking.)
- Boost efficiency with an integrated development toolset. (Ooh. Rocky.)
- Enhance the COBOL developer experience with a modern IDE.
- Free you to do the innovative stuff you actually like doing. (Boom! We have rock.)
So, for COBOL application developers it’s not the TechCasts themselves that kick you-know-what. It’s the doors they open and the opportunities they offer.
The bottom line is that for devs, rocking is all about bringing new functionality to the old but gold. It’s about showing what you can do and achieving way more than the original coders could have imagined.
So sign up for the #COBOLrocks TechCasts, post your questions on Twitter using @MicroFocus and the #COBOLasks hashtag, or ask the Micro Focus community and let’s get your COBOL applications rocking like Saturday night, every day of the week.